The china in the dining room is from a large Derby dinner service purchased by Mary Wilbraham Bootle in 1809 for her son, Randle Wilbraham III and his wife, Sybilla.
The dining room is perhaps the most interesting of Rode’s early nineteenth-century interiors. Formerly the library, it was designed by Lewis Wyatt (1777 – 1853). Wyatt extended the new dining room to the south with an apse and created a shallow, vaulted ceiling supported by two pairs of green scagliola Ionic columns. The black marble chimney piece is decorated with bronze masks attributed to Benjamin Lewis Vulliamy who had supplied similar designs for Tatton. Current decoration has restored the room to its original restrained Regency style, the cool, green walls complementing subtle Neo-classical decoration, such as egg-and-dart cornice mouldings, gilded capitals and the fan of plaster foliage to the apse.
The Wyatt family of architects often collaborated with Gillows on furnishing country houses and the most notable piece in this room is the extending mahogany dining-table and the elegant segmental sideboard built into the apse. There is a fine collection of portraits in this room as well as items from a large Derby dinner service still in use today.